Singer Chris Brown was ordered to stay in jail without bail until a judge can determine whether or not he violated his probation at a hearing on April 23. The 24-year-old was arrested after being kicked out of a Malibu rehab program last Friday for failing to take a drug test among other infractions, according to the Los Angeles Times.
Los Angeles County Judge James Brandlin reportedly said Brown also touched a female and made a threat during a reflection session. “I am good at using guns and knives,” Brown reportedly said. Brown had been in rehab for anger management since November.
Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos defended the singer’s knife comment in court, saying that he should be allowed to express his feelings while in sessions. He also said Brown had passed two drug screenings and did not refuse to be screened.
Geragos also asked that Brown be released given his scheduled court appearance in a Washington, D.C. Brown is facing a misdemeanor assault charge for allegedly punching a man who tried to photograph him outside of a hotel.
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk