F0rtune released its influential list of the top 500 American companies Monday, with retailing giant Walmart retaining the top spot.
The seminal list, which was first published in 1955, ranks companies by total revenues. It’s seen as a definitive rating of America’s most powerful companies and of the wealthiest corporations in the world. The companies are ranked by revenues from their respective fiscal years.
Apple edged into the top 5 this year, with oil giants Exxon Mobil and Chevron keeping their top-5 spots.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization