F0rtune released its influential list of the top 500 American companies Monday, with retailing giant Walmart retaining the top spot.
The seminal list, which was first published in 1955, ranks companies by total revenues. It’s seen as a definitive rating of America’s most powerful companies and of the wealthiest corporations in the world. The companies are ranked by revenues from their respective fiscal years.
Apple edged into the top 5 this year, with oil giants Exxon Mobil and Chevron keeping their top-5 spots.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022