Here’s a sneak peek at The Fault in Our Stars, the highly-anticipated film based on John Green’s 2012 young adult novel.
In the behind the scenes look, actress Shailene Woodley talks about what it was like to play Hazel, a teenager who falls in love with a boy she meets in a cancer support group.
“A lot of us feel on a daily basis, but we just don’t acknowledge our feelings,” Woodley said of the film. “This movie won’t let you leave without acknowledging your feelings.”
In the video above, John Green, who was often on set watching his book become a movie, and director Josh Boone discuss what it meant for them to bring a love story between two young cancer patients to the big screen.
The Fault in Our Stars arrives in theaters on June 6.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction