A Delta flight from had a scary moment when it lost a panel from one of its wings midflight on Sunday.
Delta Flight 2412, a Boeing 757 with 179 passengers and six crew members, was flying from Orlando to Atlanta when it lost a panel from one of its wings. “Crew members aboard Flight 2412 reported an access panel had come off the plane’s wing while in flight,” Delta spokesman Anthony Black told CNN.
“The problems with the wing did not affect the plane’s ability to fly or operable change in flight,” he said, calling incident “highly unusual.”
The flight landed safely at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, and officials are inspecting the plane to determine the cause of the damage.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World