Ted Cruz made an appearance in Los Angeles looking rougher around the edges than you’d expect of a U.S. senator. Inked up and dangling a cigarette from his lips, the Texas senator could be seen in several locations around the city, shirtless and revealing a magnificent tattoo of an eagle stretched across his sculpted pectoral muscles.
Of course, Cruz is tattooed in poster form only. Some mischief-maker posted his photoshopped (we think!) image around town ahead of a speaking engagement for the senator at Beverly Hills’ Claremont Institute. The event was scheduled for Saturday night.
The senator caught wind of the prank and countered with a tongue-in-cheek tweet.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time