Ted Cruz made an appearance in Los Angeles looking rougher around the edges than you’d expect of a U.S. senator. Inked up and dangling a cigarette from his lips, the Texas senator could be seen in several locations around the city, shirtless and revealing a magnificent tattoo of an eagle stretched across his sculpted pectoral muscles.
Of course, Cruz is tattooed in poster form only. Some mischief-maker posted his photoshopped (we think!) image around town ahead of a speaking engagement for the senator at Beverly Hills’ Claremont Institute. The event was scheduled for Saturday night.
The senator caught wind of the prank and countered with a tongue-in-cheek tweet.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow