Time looks back over the past month to present a selection of underreported, improbable and astounding images that caught the attention of our photo editors. From skiing with a duck and throwing turnips at the devil to Niagara Falls freezing over and a pair of conjoined whales beaching in Baja, each photograph, we trust, maintains it’s ability to utterly, thoroughly surprise.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving