A man who had just been sentenced to a multi-year prison term walked out of jail in downtown Los Angeles last night. Authorities are still searching for him.
Christoper Lee Brown, 37, reportedly impersonated another inmate and walked out of the Twin Towers Correctional Facility’s release area around 10 p.m., according to KTLA. Brown had been sentenced earlier that day to four years and eight months in prison for stealing computers from a medical center that contained the data of hundreds of thousands of patients.
Public Information Officer Mike Parker of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department posed this tweet with photos of the suspect on Thursday afternoon:
— Michael Parker (@mplasd) March 13, 2014
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?