The 78-year-old man who woke up in a body bag at a funeral home has now died, the Associated Press reports.
Walter Williams was accidentally pronounced dead two weeks ago. A Mississippi funeral home was preparing to embalm him when he began to move. He had been hospitalized in February because of congestive heart failure. A coroner pronounced Williams dead when he and several nurses could not find a pulse. Williams’ family now believes his pacemaker may have stopped working for a period of time.
Williams died around 1 a.m. on Thursday.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer