Farts are the funniest thing in the world, Louis C.K. once told Jon Stewart on The Daily Show. “You don’t have to be smart to laugh at farts,” he said, “but you’d have to be stupid not to.”
So that makes us feel a bit better about laughing at the fact that a group of 90 cows started a fire with their farts at a German dairy farm. According to Reuters, methane gas emitted from the flatulent animals exploded in one of the farm’s sheds, damaging the structure’s roof.
The only reason we actually feel bad about laughing is that one of the cows was injured and had to be treated for burns. So, we feel bad about that, but we don’t feel bad laughing about the fact that farts started a fire. We assume Louis C.K. would be laughing too.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List