How do we solve a problem like Justin Bieber? We just get rid of him!
That’s the logic behind a petition — which at the time of writing had racked up more than 74,000 signatures — urging the Obama administration to revoke the Biebs’ green card and send him back to his native Canada.
Many Americans are fed up with the singer’s reckless “bad boy” ways that culminated last week in an arrest for driving under the influence and drag racing. And since he’s not an American citizen — and has said he never plans on becoming one — outraged Americans have proposed a solution to just go ahead and deport him.
Here’s what the petition says:
Of course, as TIME reported last week, one cannot simply deport Justin Bieber. Plus, the White House already receives tons of petitions, like that one to build a Death Star. So, Bieber haters, try not to get your hopes up.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now