How do we solve a problem like Justin Bieber? We just get rid of him!
That’s the logic behind a petition — which at the time of writing had racked up more than 74,000 signatures — urging the Obama administration to revoke the Biebs’ green card and send him back to his native Canada.
Many Americans are fed up with the singer’s reckless “bad boy” ways that culminated last week in an arrest for driving under the influence and drag racing. And since he’s not an American citizen — and has said he never plans on becoming one — outraged Americans have proposed a solution to just go ahead and deport him.
Here’s what the petition says:
Of course, as TIME reported last week, one cannot simply deport Justin Bieber. Plus, the White House already receives tons of petitions, like that one to build a Death Star. So, Bieber haters, try not to get your hopes up.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future