There’s a new trend in manscaping–and it’s not beard transplants or chest waxing.
Rapper Snoop Dogg (also known as Snoop Lion) sparked some strong reactions when he flashed his French manicure on Instagram–even getting some criticism from industry peers.
But Snoop is just the most recent celeb to put the man in manicure. Salon nail care has been gaining popularity with men, and although most consist of a simple buffing and clean-up, adding color–like Snoop’s black and white tips–are becoming more common. Stars from Johnny Depp to David Beckham have sported colorful nails, and now more nail salons are catering to gentlemen clientele.
Take the recent Hammer & Nails “nail shop for guys” in Los Angeles that opened this past September. The salon is described as a “man cave” with free beer, oversized leather chairs and personal TVs. “I’d seen photos of men, including athletes Floyd Mayweather, Kobe Bryant, and Deion Sanders, getting manicures in women’s nail salons, so we knew they were doing it,” Hammer & Nails CEO Michael Elliot told PRWeek. “The goal was to launch our flagship and then quickly franchise and grow into a national brand.”
Looks like a trip to the nail salon may no longer be a just a girl’s night out trip, but a chance to hang with the bros.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror