A conservative pastor has criticized Disney blockbuster Frozen for pushing an agenda to indoctrinate homosexuality and bestiality in children.
Pastor and Colorado-based Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson and co-host Steve Vaughn posited some theories about the wildly popular film’s “progressive” agenda on their radio show, even though neither has actually seen the film.
The two claim that the movie’s Oscar-winning song “Let It Go” is a coming out song, marking the moment when Elsa realizes she was “born that way” and accepts who she is. They point out that the fiercely independent Elsa never considers a male suitor and assume she is therefore probably gay. They also say that Jonathan Groff’s character has an “unnatural relationship” with his animal buddy, Sven. All these plot points, they say, open children up to homosexuality and bestiality at a young age. Swanson said in a March 4 segment unearthed by left-leaning media monitor Right Wing Watch:
Swanson isn’t the first conservative to take issue with Frozen. Kathryn Skaggs, who writes a blog called “A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman,” also accused the movie of promoting homosexuality:
Frozen, which recently crossed the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office, won two Oscars, for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for “Let It Go.”
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This