A conservative pastor has criticized Disney blockbuster Frozen for pushing an agenda to indoctrinate homosexuality and bestiality in children.
Pastor and Colorado-based Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson and co-host Steve Vaughn posited some theories about the wildly popular film’s “progressive” agenda on their radio show, even though neither has actually seen the film.
The two claim that the movie’s Oscar-winning song “Let It Go” is a coming out song, marking the moment when Elsa realizes she was “born that way” and accepts who she is. They point out that the fiercely independent Elsa never considers a male suitor and assume she is therefore probably gay. They also say that Jonathan Groff’s character has an “unnatural relationship” with his animal buddy, Sven. All these plot points, they say, open children up to homosexuality and bestiality at a young age. Swanson said in a March 4 segment unearthed by left-leaning media monitor Right Wing Watch:
Swanson isn’t the first conservative to take issue with Frozen. Kathryn Skaggs, who writes a blog called “A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman,” also accused the movie of promoting homosexuality:
Frozen, which recently crossed the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office, won two Oscars, for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for “Let It Go.”
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out