A conservative pastor has criticized Disney blockbuster Frozen for pushing an agenda to indoctrinate homosexuality and bestiality in children.
Pastor and Colorado-based Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson and co-host Steve Vaughn posited some theories about the wildly popular film’s “progressive” agenda on their radio show, even though neither has actually seen the film.
The two claim that the movie’s Oscar-winning song “Let It Go” is a coming out song, marking the moment when Elsa realizes she was “born that way” and accepts who she is. They point out that the fiercely independent Elsa never considers a male suitor and assume she is therefore probably gay. They also say that Jonathan Groff’s character has an “unnatural relationship” with his animal buddy, Sven. All these plot points, they say, open children up to homosexuality and bestiality at a young age. Swanson said in a March 4 segment unearthed by left-leaning media monitor Right Wing Watch:
Swanson isn’t the first conservative to take issue with Frozen. Kathryn Skaggs, who writes a blog called “A Well-Behaved Mormon Woman,” also accused the movie of promoting homosexuality:
Frozen, which recently crossed the $1 billion mark at the worldwide box office, won two Oscars, for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song for “Let It Go.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at firstname.lastname@example.org