The popular Twitter account @Amazing_Maps tweeted the below map, which shows Google autocomplete results for the query “Why is [state] so.”
New York and California are taken to task for being too expensive, while Illinois is called corrupt and Louisiana is called racist. The only states that come out looking okay are Oregon (“Why is Oregon so good?”) and Massachusetts (“Why is Massachusetts so smart?”).
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022