The latest ranking of states with the best brain health are released, and Maryland gets top bragging rights.
The 2014 America’s Brain Health Index ranks states on 21 measures, including mental health, social well-being, and nutrition. Maryland is Number One for high consumption of fish–which is linked to better brain health–and low rates of Alzheimer’s deaths, and smokers. The state does not, however, have high levels of religious and spiritual activities, which are factored into the rankings.
Here are the top 10 states for good brain health:
- District of Columbia
- New York
- New Hampshire
And here are the 10 worst:
- North Dakota
Check out more data about each state here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears