A first kiss can be awkward. It can be nerve-racking. But it can also be magical.
First time filmmaker Tatia Pilieva captured that magic when she asked 20 complete strangers—gay and straight, old and young, but all beautiful—to share a first kiss. What could have been intensely uncomfortable throughout was strangely romantic. The nervous laughter and lead-ins—”I’ll follow your lead,” “What was your name again?” “Can we turn off the lights”—quickly dissolved into chemical attraction. At least in the moments of make out.
It will almost make you want to grab onto a stranger on your work commute. But don’t—this might only work in black and white settings set to beautiful music.
Update: Turns out it was an ad for clothes. Womp. Still a good video, though.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time