The Rev. Billy Graham, a magnetic preacher and counselor to Presidents who brought America’s brand of evangelism to audiences around the world, is dead at 99. Graham reached more than 200 million people through his appearances.
In TIME’s obituary, David Van Biema writes:
Later in life, Van Biema writes, Graham was modest about his achievements. “I don’t know why God has allowed me to have [all] this,” he told TIME in 1993. “I’ll have to ask him when I get to heaven.”
Read TIME’s full Billy Graham obituary here.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears