Taylor Swift brought in the big bucks this past year, topping Billboard’s Top Money Makers list for 2014. Swift’s RED Tour, which took in an estimated $30 million, put the country crooner ahead of the likes of Beyoncé, Justin Timberlake and Maroon 5.
Billboard ranks artists based on their U.S. earnings from touring, record sales, publishing royalties and revenue from streaming music and video.
Here are the top 10 earners in music for the past 12 months:
1. Taylor Swift — $39,699,575.60
2. Kenny Chesney — $32,956,240.70
3. Justin Timberlake — $31,463,297.03
4. Bon Jovi — $29,436,801.04
5. The Rolling Stones — $26,225,121.71
6. Beyoncé — $24,429,176.86
7. Maroon 5 — $24,429,176.86
8. Luke Bryan — $22,142,235.98
9. Pink — $20,072,072.32
10. Fleetwood Mac — $19,123,101.98
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This