Peruvian officials have agreed to extradite Joran van der Sloot to the U.S, but not until he finishes serving his 28-year prison sentence for murdering Stephany Flores in his Lima hotel room in 2012.
U.S. officials hope to try van der Sloot for extorting and defrauding the mother of Natalee Holloway, an Alabama teenager who disappeared during a trip to the Caribbean island of Aruba in 2005, reports the AP.
American authorities claim the Dutch national received $25,000 from Holloway’s family on the condition that he takes an attorney to where her body could be found in 2010.
Van der Sloot was the last person seen with Holloway before she disappeared.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization