The wildly popular “I F—ing Love Science” Facebook page—which has amassed more than 10 million fans—will soon become a television show.
The new Science Channel series will be executive-produced by Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson, who made the announcement with a videotaped message at the South by Southwest festival in Austin Saturday, Deadline reports.
British biology student Elise Andrew created the page in March 2012, posting any science-related photos, articles, diagrams or comics that she found interesting. Two years later, the page is still gaining new followers every day. Andrew is on board as a consulting producer for the show.
The one-hour program, debuting later this year, will feature a mix of live-action, animation, and recreations, with appearances by celebrities and scientists. And why is Ferguson exec-producing? He explained in his statement:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve