Family members of a 14-year-old boy in Oakland, Calif., are pleading for him to turn himself in to police after he allegedly shot his 17-year-old sister to death Thursday.
Justice Toliver was pronounced dead at the scene after being fatally wounded Thursday afternoon in the apartment she shared with her brother Mario, and their family, police said. Relatives said the boy was angry with his sister for bleaching his clothes. “Whatever it was about it shouldn’t get that serious to pick up a gun and kill his sister,” Gregory Stewart, 25, the siblings’ cousin told the San Jose Mercury News.
The victim was the mother of a 2-year-old child, family members said.
Mario Toliver fled the scene after the shooting and police have been searching for him since.
The victim’s father, Mario Toliver, Sr., spoke to reporters outside the family home, with tears streaming down his face. I’ve been there for them ever since they came out of the womb… I don’t understand, it’s just the streets. The devil is working all the time, devil’s working all the time.”
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction