Pizza-loving couple Kieran and Natasha Morris just changed the wedding game. You thought hoarding antique mason jars and making your bridesmaids wear cowboy boots with their slightly mismatched dresses was the pinnacle of the modern wedding experience? This British couple just out-Millennial-wedding’d everyone ever in the world by serving pizza decorated by a food artist to look like their faces at their nuptials.
The couple requested pizzas from Domino’s with the toppings arranged to resemble them, and Domino’s obliged, likely smelling a potent promotional opportunity. The results are impressively true-to-life, considering the canvass was a doughy circle smeared with cheese and sauce.
The wizard who made these pizza portraits is Nathan Wyburn, a Welsh artist Internet-famous for making a portrait of Simon Cowell with Marmite and toast.
Wyburn spent three hours crafting the portraits, using a photo of the couple as a guide. The pizzas were quickly consumed by the wedding guests shortly after delivery to the reception, according to the Manchester Evening News.
Pizza selfies are clearly the ultimate wedding move for 2014, so if you were planning on having a flash mob dance-walk down a burlap-lined aisle on your big day, just take that ad off Craigslist, because your wedding stunt is passé. Let’s break this masterpiece down into its meme-worthy parts:
– viral marketing
– potentially ironic endorsement of chain food
This wedding gimmick couldn’t be more ready for Tumblr if Benedict Cumberbatch emerged, mewling and naked, from inside one of the pepperonis.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future