Have you ever tried to express a complicated feeling or situation, but just couldn’t find the word you needed? Sometimes English just kind of falls flat when you need a really specific but succinct way to describe something.
This infographic shows 10 words that exist in other languages that we totally wished existed in English too.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction