A team of researchers at a penguin colony tricked a falcon by disguising a camera as an unhatched egg — and what a beautiful prank it turned out to be. The falcon — a striated caracara — snatched the “egg” and took off, capturing beautiful aerial views of the penguin colony below.
Alas, after about 30 seconds, the egg cam slips from the falcon’s grasp and falls to the ground. A pair of turkey vultures tries to get in on the action, but they prove to be less skilled than the falcon and just send it tumbling down a hill.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction