A new survey commissioned by ChristianMingle.com and JDate.com says that when out with a potential love interest, 69% of singles have absolutely no idea if they’re on a date or just “hanging out,” thus proving that God provides absolutely no clarity when it comes to the horribleness of dating.
The online poll questioned 2,647 singles between 18 and 59 about their dating confusion, made even more confusing by the fact that 80% think that a date is “a planned one-on-one hang out.” But not all one-on-one hangouts are dates, so there’s that.
Fordham MBA student Tayo Rockson, 24, kindly clarified to USA Today that “if it’s someone that you just met recently and consistently have one-on-one hangout sessions, that’s sort of a date.” Ish.
Have fun navigating that one.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future