A new survey commissioned by ChristianMingle.com and JDate.com says that when out with a potential love interest, 69% of singles have absolutely no idea if they’re on a date or just “hanging out,” thus proving that God provides absolutely no clarity when it comes to the horribleness of dating.
The online poll questioned 2,647 singles between 18 and 59 about their dating confusion, made even more confusing by the fact that 80% think that a date is “a planned one-on-one hang out.” But not all one-on-one hangouts are dates, so there’s that.
Fordham MBA student Tayo Rockson, 24, kindly clarified to USA Today that “if it’s someone that you just met recently and consistently have one-on-one hangout sessions, that’s sort of a date.” Ish.
Have fun navigating that one.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time