The Dalai Lama delivered the opening prayer on the Senate floor Thursday morning, the first time the exiled Tibetan spiritual leader spoke in the Senate.
See the unofficial English transcript of his prayer below.
After the prayer, the Dalai Lama watched on as senators recited the pledge of allegiance. “I know I speak for the entire Senate family when I express our gratitude for the prayer in the Senate and his words of encouragement and his blessing,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption