If you missed TV educator Bill Nye’s legendary debate with Ken Ham, then you can still catch Nye at SXSW in Austin, Texas, this weekend.
Along with Andy Samberg, he will be judging production submissions from Quirky, an online community for aspiring inventors to submit their ideas, get feedback, and make them a reality. It sounds like they’ll be evaluating ideas for appliances that make food or beverages that are not usually made at home, ideas that are “app-enabled,” as well as concepts that incorporate wireless charging or can take care of pets while owners are away. Then in an episode of StarTalk Live, Nye will then discuss science news with comedians Eugene Mirman and Jenny Slate (creator of Marcel The Shell YouTube series).
The live chat will take place Mar. 8 and can be live-streamed here starting at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time / 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time