If you missed TV educator Bill Nye’s legendary debate with Ken Ham, then you can still catch Nye at SXSW in Austin, Texas, this weekend.
Along with Andy Samberg, he will be judging production submissions from Quirky, an online community for aspiring inventors to submit their ideas, get feedback, and make them a reality. It sounds like they’ll be evaluating ideas for appliances that make food or beverages that are not usually made at home, ideas that are “app-enabled,” as well as concepts that incorporate wireless charging or can take care of pets while owners are away. Then in an episode of StarTalk Live, Nye will then discuss science news with comedians Eugene Mirman and Jenny Slate (creator of Marcel The Shell YouTube series).
The live chat will take place Mar. 8 and can be live-streamed here starting at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time / 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
MORE: Bill Nye, Ken Ham Creation Debate Recap By The Minute
MORE: Bill Nye Inadvertently Rescued Creationist Noah’s Ark
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction