If you missed TV educator Bill Nye’s legendary debate with Ken Ham, then you can still catch Nye at SXSW in Austin, Texas, this weekend.
Along with Andy Samberg, he will be judging production submissions from Quirky, an online community for aspiring inventors to submit their ideas, get feedback, and make them a reality. It sounds like they’ll be evaluating ideas for appliances that make food or beverages that are not usually made at home, ideas that are “app-enabled,” as well as concepts that incorporate wireless charging or can take care of pets while owners are away. Then in an episode of StarTalk Live, Nye will then discuss science news with comedians Eugene Mirman and Jenny Slate (creator of Marcel The Shell YouTube series).
The live chat will take place Mar. 8 and can be live-streamed here starting at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time / 5:30 p.m. Central Time.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com