This weekend, the National Zoo’s 9-year-old African lion, Shera, gave birth to a litter of four cubs. The delivery took about seven hours and ended Sunday afternoon, according to the zoo’s statement.
The litter is the second for Shera, and the fifth for 8-year-old father, Luke. The cubs won’t be on display until the summer, because they’re just babies! They haven’t even been named yet! So, we’d like to offer the following suggestions: Griselda, Norman, Callie and Ezekiel.
Alternatively, they could all be named after House of Cards characters based on how their personalities play out.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org