This weekend, the National Zoo’s 9-year-old African lion, Shera, gave birth to a litter of four cubs. The delivery took about seven hours and ended Sunday afternoon, according to the zoo’s statement.
The litter is the second for Shera, and the fifth for 8-year-old father, Luke. The cubs won’t be on display until the summer, because they’re just babies! They haven’t even been named yet! So, we’d like to offer the following suggestions: Griselda, Norman, Callie and Ezekiel.
Alternatively, they could all be named after House of Cards characters based on how their personalities play out.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time