This weekend, the National Zoo’s 9-year-old African lion, Shera, gave birth to a litter of four cubs. The delivery took about seven hours and ended Sunday afternoon, according to the zoo’s statement.
The litter is the second for Shera, and the fifth for 8-year-old father, Luke. The cubs won’t be on display until the summer, because they’re just babies! They haven’t even been named yet! So, we’d like to offer the following suggestions: Griselda, Norman, Callie and Ezekiel.
Alternatively, they could all be named after House of Cards characters based on how their personalities play out.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement