The new promo video for this week’s episode of Saturday Night Live, hosted by Girls creator Lena Dunham, features a nude scene — but it’s not Dunham who disrobes! Instead, it’s SNL cast member Kate McKinnon, who — in one of the video’s several takes — appears topless because she and Dunham had “agreed to wear the same outfit.”
But don’t worry. The three-and-a-half-minute promo doesn’t only reference the whole Lena Dunham/Girls/nudity thing. McKinnon and Dunham — a.k.a “Leens” — have plenty of other jokes in their arsenal. One of those jokes (that we kind of wish weren’t a joke at all) is about McKinnon possibly appearing on Girls one day — either as “a character who moves in with Hannah and just follows her around and does everything with her” or, alternately, “a person who killed Hannah and then lived as her.” Not weird at all.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction