It’s been a while since we’ve seen Coldplay dominating the world, but it looks like Coldplay-less music charts will soon to be a thing of the past. The British rock group announced that its sixth album, a follow-up to 2011’s Mylo Xyloto, will be a nine-track record called Ghost Stories and will hit stores on May 19. The band promptly shot to No. 2 on the U.K.’s iTunes list.
Along with the album announcement, Coldplay also released the audio for a new track, called “Magic,” on YouTube. Fans who pre-order Ghost Stories on iTunes are able to download the track now, which helps to explain the jump in the charts almost three months before the album’s release.
Just last week, Coldplay released a new track from the album, called “Midnight,” which is a haunting, Bon Iver-esque pivot from their usual sound. “Magic,” however, is more classic Coldplay with Chris Martin’s signature vocals, which should thrill fans.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive