It’s been a while since we’ve seen Coldplay dominating the world, but it looks like Coldplay-less music charts will soon to be a thing of the past. The British rock group announced that its sixth album, a follow-up to 2011’s Mylo Xyloto, will be a nine-track record called Ghost Stories and will hit stores on May 19. The band promptly shot to No. 2 on the U.K.’s iTunes list.
Along with the album announcement, Coldplay also released the audio for a new track, called “Magic,” on YouTube. Fans who pre-order Ghost Stories on iTunes are able to download the track now, which helps to explain the jump in the charts almost three months before the album’s release.
Just last week, Coldplay released a new track from the album, called “Midnight,” which is a haunting, Bon Iver-esque pivot from their usual sound. “Magic,” however, is more classic Coldplay with Chris Martin’s signature vocals, which should thrill fans.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time