Brown University has refused to comment on the noticeably older-looking woman seated next to actress Emma Watson during her graduation ceremony, who was later photographed with a holstered handgun and a badge.
AP reports that university spokesman Mark Nickel was “not able to help” with questions regarding where the armed guard came from and why she seemed to be shadowing Watson throughout Sunday’s ceremony.
Watson, 24, starred as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. Her undercover acquaintance is of an undetermined age and, according to police chief Steven Pare, is not employed as a Providence police officer.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022