Brown University has refused to comment on the noticeably older-looking woman seated next to actress Emma Watson during her graduation ceremony, who was later photographed with a holstered handgun and a badge.
AP reports that university spokesman Mark Nickel was “not able to help” with questions regarding where the armed guard came from and why she seemed to be shadowing Watson throughout Sunday’s ceremony.
Watson, 24, starred as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. Her undercover acquaintance is of an undetermined age and, according to police chief Steven Pare, is not employed as a Providence police officer.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time