Jim Carrey might have made a career out of his funny lines and even funnier faces, but on Saturday he took a moment for some serious reflection while speaking to graduates at the Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa.
In the speech, the comedian dared graduates to ask the universe for big things.
“Fear is going to be a player in life, but you get to decide how much,” Carrey said. “So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect, so we never dare to ask the universe for it.”
Carey also talked about the lessons he drew from his father about about pursuing one’s dreams.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time