It’s a smell that we all know and love, but what is it that makes the aroma of sizzling bacon so enticing?
The answer is that the sugar and amino acids in bacon mix in what is called the Maillard Reaction, which produces about 150 aroma compounds that provide the unique smell.
Check out the video from the ACS for more information.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time