The latest X-Men installment, X-Men: Days of Future Past, logged an impressive $39.35 million during its opening weekend in China, besting all Hollywood competitors so far this year.
Nearly 6.5 million moviegoers caught the 20thCentury Fox blockbuster debut, many doubtlessly attracted by the appearance of Chinese movie star Fan Bingbing, but also by a vastly popular mainland visit by headliner Hugh Jackman, writes The Hollywood Reporter.
Worldwide, X-Men: Days of Future Past raked in a total of $302 million, more than any other X-Men movie has done in its first three days.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org