The latest X-Men installment, X-Men: Days of Future Past, logged an impressive $39.35 million during its opening weekend in China, besting all Hollywood competitors so far this year.
Nearly 6.5 million moviegoers caught the 20thCentury Fox blockbuster debut, many doubtlessly attracted by the appearance of Chinese movie star Fan Bingbing, but also by a vastly popular mainland visit by headliner Hugh Jackman, writes The Hollywood Reporter.
Worldwide, X-Men: Days of Future Past raked in a total of $302 million, more than any other X-Men movie has done in its first three days.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction