Chris Brown’s history of aggression is due to the singer’s post traumatic stress disorder and bipolar disorder, a rehab facility has confirmed.
“Mr. Brown became aggressive and acted out physically due to his untreated mental health disorder, severe sleep deprivation, inappropriate self-medicating and untreated PTSD,” says a letter from the facility, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Brown has faced a litany of legal troubles in recent years beginning with his 2009 assault conviction against his ex-girlfriend Rihanna. He’s also faced legal action for throwing a brick through his mother’s car’s window, allegedly partaking in a brawl with Drake at a New York nightclub and allegedly assaulting a man in Washington, D.C.
“Mr. Brown will also require close supervision by his treating physician in order to ensure his bipolar mental health condition remains stable,” says facility’s letter.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption