Correction appended, May 26
J. Todd Kincannon, the former chairman of the election commission in Simpsonville, S.C., has been known to say some offensive things. He recently said transgender people should be “put in a camp“; he tweeted, “Hey what’s the difference between Trayvon Martin and a dead baby? They’re both dead, but Pepsi doesn’t taste like Trayvon”; and he once called Wendy Davis a “whore.”
So it’s no surprise that he had something controversial to say about the recent murder spree in California that left six college students dead. It’s hard to tell when his Twitter rant actually began, but since the incident at the University of California Santa Barbara, Kincannon has been tweeting almost nonstop about his right to own a gun.
Correction: The original version of this story and headline incorrectly described Todd Kincannon.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating