A quiet Saturday brunch turned chaotic when a large wave crashed through restaurant windows, shattering glass and drenching the restaurant and customers with seawater.
Several brunch goers were filming large waves rolling into the Moby Dick Restaurant at Stearns Wharf in Santa Barbara, when a particularly vicious one shattered the seaside windows. No major injuries were reported.
The waves were thought to be especially large due to winter storms. You can watch the madness below.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving