Cats are fickle creatures. Buy the wrong cat food, he will ignore you for a day. Wear the wrong cologne, and he will attack your face.
At least that’s what 44-year-old father of two Ian Olver found when a neighbor’s cat, Blue, had a violent reaction to his new Hugo Boss Bottled Night. Olver doesn’t normally wear “posh” aftershave, but the one time he decided to trot out his Christmas gift? Cat attack.
Here’s Olver’s dramatic account, according to the Plymouth Herald:
Blue’s owners say that the “cuddliest, most lovely cat we have” is sensitive to smell. He loves tobacco, vaseline makes him run away, and apparently Hugo Boss gives him bloodlust.
Unsurprisingly, Hugo Boss didn’t respond to the Plymouth Herald’s request for comment.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science