Arby’s bought the oversized brown fedora that Pharrell Williams wore at the Grammys for $44,000 on Sunday, just before he performed at the Oscars in a black version of the signature Vivienne Westwood hat.
The singer, who was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song with Despicable Me 2‘s infectious “Happy,” tweeted:
And the fast food chain responded:
The hat went viral after Pharrell’s Grammy appearance, spawning photoshop tributes and even its own Twitter parody account. Proceeds from the eBay auction will be donated to Pharrell’s nonprofit, From One Hand to AnOTHER, which provides learning and arts resources for underprivileged kids.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now