Arby’s bought the oversized brown fedora that Pharrell Williams wore at the Grammys for $44,000 on Sunday, just before he performed at the Oscars in a black version of the signature Vivienne Westwood hat.
The singer, who was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song with Despicable Me 2‘s infectious “Happy,” tweeted:
And the fast food chain responded:
The hat went viral after Pharrell’s Grammy appearance, spawning photoshop tributes and even its own Twitter parody account. Proceeds from the eBay auction will be donated to Pharrell’s nonprofit, From One Hand to AnOTHER, which provides learning and arts resources for underprivileged kids.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time