The Doctor is in: the eighth season of BBC’s long-running sci-fi show Doctor Who will premiere in August, according to a just-released teaser.
The series will mark the the first season with Scottish actor Peter Capaldi playing the titular Time Lord role full-time. He made an appearance in last year’s Doctor Who Christmas special when he took over for the previous Doctor, Matt Smith. Capaldi is the 12th incarnation of the character since the show’s inception in 1963.
The 15-second clip doesn’t reveal much — no exact date, just a quick silhouette of Capaldi — but it’s enough to wet some Whovian appetites.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement