The man who played Coach Taylor is finally headed back to the small screen. Friday Night Lights star Kyle Chandler has been cast in the lead role of a new Netflix series, The Hollywood Reporter reports.
Chandler will star as a family man who must struggle with long-buried secrets when his black sheep brother returns to town. The show is to be produced by the creators of FX show Damages.
Since Friday Night Lights ended in 2011, Kyle Chandler has had a string of roles in critically-acclaimed movies including The Wolf of Wall Street, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo and Super 8.
The actor had been due to return to TV in Showtime’s The Vatican — a drama about the Catholic church in which he was to star as a cardinal — but the cable channel didn’t pick up the show after watching a pilot directed by Ridley Scott.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World