Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson has stirred up more controversy with a newly-released Easter Sunday sermon, which went viral after TMZ posted a clip of it on Thursday.
In the new video, Robertson addresses the public uproar that ensued after he called homosexuality a sin in a magazine interview last December. Nearly four months after he was briefly suspended for the comments, he had this to say about his critics: “…instead of acknowledging their sin, like you had better do, they railed against me for giving ’em the truth about their sins. Don’t deceive yourselves.” Robertson also scoffed at the media for not knowing the bible.
Last December, Robertson was suspended from his A&E show after he infamously compared homosexuality to beastialty in an interview with GQ magazine. In that interview he also claimed that blacks were happier before the civil rights movement. He returned for the show’s fifth season, but Duck Dynasty suffered a major ratings dip.
Duck Dynasty’s sixth season premieres on June 11th.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time