A group of knife-wielding men stormed a train station in southwestern China on Saturday, leaving at least 27 people dead and over 100 people injured.
Several of the attackers were shot by the police in the attack at Kunming Railway Station in Yunnan province, the Associated Press reports, and victims were rushed to local hospitals. The men were wearing uniforms when they stormed the railway station, state media reported.
China has seen a series of incidents of mass stabbings by disturbed individual aggressors, but the motive for this apparently organized attack was immediately unclear.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time