Fresh off of his invention of retractable Wolverine claws, British inventor Colin Furze has unveiled the latest gadget in a growing line of X-Men inspired creations: “Magneto shoes.”
Furze debuted the shoes on YouTube with an upside-down stroll across a rafter in his garage. The shoes have two home-made magnets mounted to a pair of Vans.
Rather than pay upwards of “80 quid” for industrial strength magnets, Furze explained in an accompanying how-to video that he could create the same supercharged forces by salvaging microwaves from a local dump, clipping transformers out of the back and running an electrical current through them. Moments later, he’s hanging upside down by his feet, shouting, “Oh my god, that is holding my whole weight.”
The rest is history, of sorts.
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction