At this point, the case could maybe, possibly be made that the market is oversaturated with late-night viral videos, and that maybe, possibly the talk shows should cut down on them a bit. That said, if only one can remain, it should be Jimmy Kimmel’s recurring “Celebrities Read Mean Tweets” series. It is a national treasure.
The latest iteration aired last night, and though it may not have been the strongest in the series’ history, it did feature Matthew McConaughey, Emma Stone and a slew of others reveling in a host of insults. As for the best tweets of this particular round, it’s a two-way tie between “David Blane looks like his voice is putting his face to sleep” and “Ethan Hawke seems like a guy who wasn’t supposed to be a movie star, but he slipped through the cracks and everyone was just like, ‘Ok.'”
Here’s to hoping for another entry from Justin Bieber the next time around.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time