At this point, the case could maybe, possibly be made that the market is oversaturated with late-night viral videos, and that maybe, possibly the talk shows should cut down on them a bit. That said, if only one can remain, it should be Jimmy Kimmel’s recurring “Celebrities Read Mean Tweets” series. It is a national treasure.
The latest iteration aired last night, and though it may not have been the strongest in the series’ history, it did feature Matthew McConaughey, Emma Stone and a slew of others reveling in a host of insults. As for the best tweets of this particular round, it’s a two-way tie between “David Blane looks like his voice is putting his face to sleep” and “Ethan Hawke seems like a guy who wasn’t supposed to be a movie star, but he slipped through the cracks and everyone was just like, ‘Ok.'”
Here’s to hoping for another entry from Justin Bieber the next time around.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science