The trailer is out for Woody Allen’s forthcoming period piece, the romantic comedy Magic in the Moonlight, and the title is no understatement.
Emma Stone plays a psychic medium opposite Colin Firth in the role of a devout skeptic. The period piece is set in the 1920s in the south of France, which is, obviously, beautiful and rich with glittering Gatsby-esque charm. Also appearing in the film are Jacki Weaver, Eileen Atkins, Marcia Gay Harden, Hamish Linklater, and Simon McBurney. There’s no sign of Joaquin Phoenix, who had been reportedly tapped for a role in the movie.
Magic in the Moonlight arrives in theaters on July 25.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now