The trailer is out for Woody Allen’s forthcoming period piece, the romantic comedy Magic in the Moonlight, and the title is no understatement.
Emma Stone plays a psychic medium opposite Colin Firth in the role of a devout skeptic. The period piece is set in the 1920s in the south of France, which is, obviously, beautiful and rich with glittering Gatsby-esque charm. Also appearing in the film are Jacki Weaver, Eileen Atkins, Marcia Gay Harden, Hamish Linklater, and Simon McBurney. There’s no sign of Joaquin Phoenix, who had been reportedly tapped for a role in the movie.
Magic in the Moonlight arrives in theaters on July 25.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms