Ever wonder what exports ultimately bring in the most money around the world? For many countries, it’s obviously oil, but for others, commodities ranging from soybeans to opium to diamonds bring in the most cash.
To visualize this information, GlobalPost gathered data from the CIA Factbook to determine each nation’s highest valued export, and then created a series of maps.
See the results broken down by region:
CORRECTION: This map incorrectly identifies Mexico’s most valuable export. It is manufactured goods.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out