Ever wonder what exports ultimately bring in the most money around the world? For many countries, it’s obviously oil, but for others, commodities ranging from soybeans to opium to diamonds bring in the most cash.
To visualize this information, GlobalPost gathered data from the CIA Factbook to determine each nation’s highest valued export, and then created a series of maps.
See the results broken down by region:
CORRECTION: This map incorrectly identifies Mexico’s most valuable export. It is manufactured goods.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief