Listen, we’ve all been there: an exotic dancer is giving you special attention at the club and it’s not just because you’ve been paying her. She really, really likes you. She gets you in that way that nobody else does. You’re so enamored by this new relationship that you decide to bequeath to your new queen your most prized possession: your Harry Potter DVD collection.
But what happens next is the stuff of nightmares, not true love fairytales.
According to KRIV My Fox Houston, 32-year-old software developer Robert Wallace was allegedly in a “dating relationship” with dancer Nomi Mims when he “lent” her some money, a laptop and the aforementioned DVDs. After they broke up a few weeks ago, Wallace asked for his things back, and Mims refused. Now, he’s suing her in an attempt to get his Harry Potter DVDs back. Mims claims the two were never dating and that Wallace gave her those things as gifts.
“I don’t believe in loans because I don’t want to pay anybody back,” Mims told KRIV. “I’ve given him gifts too. You know, how do I get my booty and boobs back?”
(h/t Raw Story)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org