Those large, brown, beastly masses known as buffalo are rarely described as pretty, but this weekend a lucky few of them became works of art that would make all the others jealous.
Competing in a buffalo body-painting competition in the Jiancheng county of China’s Yunnan province, artists from eight different countries decked out the animals in wild patterns as they competed Sunday for bragging rights and a 100,00 yuan ($16,042) prize.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time