If you’re looking for love with a European, and fidelity is a must, you might cast your lot with the Brits. According to a study by Gleeden, a European dating site for extramarital affairs, the British are the most faithful among all Europeans, with 40% of men and 29% of women reporting cheating on their partner.
Not so surprisingly, the French and Italians are the least faithful among residents of the E.U. (President François Hollande, anyone?) Over half of French and Italian men and a third of the women reported cheating on their partner, according to the Telegraph.
Gleeden’s survey polled 5,000 Europeans and found that the British were also less likely to cheat compared to polled Belgians, Spanish and Germans. Overall, women were less likely to cheat compared to men in every country.
The British were also the most likely to feel regret after cheating on their partner, with about half of them saying they felt bad afterward. Only 28% of the French said they regretted their infidelities.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time