Here’s a math question: what is one trillion, times one trillion, times one trillion, times two?
The answer is the amount that a Manhattan man is suing New York City, Au Bon Pain, Hoboken University, LaGuardia Airport, the MTA, and thousands of others for, all over an alleged dog bite.
Anton Purisima filed his two undecillion dollar lawsuit (that’s $2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) last month, after his middle finger was supposedly bitten and infected by a “rabies-infected” dog on a city bus. A “Chinese couple” took photos of him without asking, Gothamist reports, and he’s routinely overcharged for coffee at LaGuardia Airport. (This is apparently related to the dog bite.)
Purisima has previously sued the People’s Republic of China and several major banks including Wells Fargo, JP Morgan and Wachovia.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time