Here’s a math question: what is one trillion, times one trillion, times one trillion, times two?
The answer is the amount that a Manhattan man is suing New York City, Au Bon Pain, Hoboken University, LaGuardia Airport, the MTA, and thousands of others for, all over an alleged dog bite.
Anton Purisima filed his two undecillion dollar lawsuit (that’s $2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) last month, after his middle finger was supposedly bitten and infected by a “rabies-infected” dog on a city bus. A “Chinese couple” took photos of him without asking, Gothamist reports, and he’s routinely overcharged for coffee at LaGuardia Airport. (This is apparently related to the dog bite.)
Purisima has previously sued the People’s Republic of China and several major banks including Wells Fargo, JP Morgan and Wachovia.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror